Read The Ring of Lost Souls

#BlogFlash Halloween

BlogFlash Halloween (#BlogFlash1031)

Thursday 4 October 2012

American Horror Story: Asylum Season Two Starts October 17th!



Now I didn't get the chance to watch Season 1 of FX's American Horror Story, so I can't comment on how good (or not) it was. I have had a whole pile of friends tell me I should check it out though. Season 2, however, has got me waiting, perched precariously, on the edge of my seat!

Considering one of my books, The Ring of Lost Souls, is based in a disused mental asylum, the storyline for Season 2 of American Horror Story has gotten me all excited. Jessica Lange will play the sadistic Sister Jude and several of the cast from Season 1 will be returning. Maroon 5's front man, Adam Levine  is playing a character called Leo and HBO's Big Love actress Chloë Sevigny will not be a closeted second wife, but Shelly the Nymphomaniac!

Some of the imagery released for the FX channel show is fantastic, there promises to be a hydrobath, a bloody face, strange stairwells and the 'hellovator'. Besides the uber creepy image above, the one below is probably my fave:


This poster shows the possibility that it will tie in closely with the storyline I chose for The Ring of Lost Souls. While I steered clear of the clichéd evil nun (although I am sure Jessica Lange will be brilliantly eerie), I did use a time frame that promoted the Larundel asylum as old and abandoned. I get the feeling that there may be some time travel involved in American Horror Story: Asylum as well. Maybe not to the extent that I used it, but it will be interesting to see how they play around with the fact that the story line is based in the 1960's.

So, what are you expecting from this season of American Horror Story? Are you sad to see the old characters go? Or excited to see where FX will take the next season?

And while you're waiting for October 17th, why not check out my book, The Ring of Lost Souls? 

It's available on:





and 

Smashwords 




2 comments:

Alison DeLuca said...

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!

And I loved your book too! I highly recommend it as a way to get into that eerie, asylum mood.

Can't wait!

Rachel Tsoumbakos said...

I really need to track down Season 1, don't I? And thanks so much for the kind words Allie :-D